Welcome to our website! The Madison County Election Commission is located in Jackson, Tenn. We are responsible for the conduct of all elections held within Madison County, including those for the cities of Jackson, Medon and Three Way. These responsibilities include polling place arrangement, appointment and training of election officials, printing of ballots, preparation of election supplies, purchase, storage and maintenance of voting machines and the certification of election results.
Register to Vote Online
This link can be used to register to vote or to update your address if you are already a registered voter in Madison County, Tennessee and have moved to a new address within this county. When you move to a new county, your registration does not transfer. You must register to vote in the new county. The U.S. Postal service does not notify the Election Commission that you have moved. It is the responsibility of the voter to notify the Election Commission.
August 6, 2020 - State Primary and County General Election
July 17 - August 1
9:00 am - 4:00 pm on Weekdays
9:00 am - 12:00 Noon on Saturdays
Early voting will be held at the auditorium of the Madison County Agricultural Complex located at 311 North Parkway in Jackson.
Voting by Mail - Click on the image below for more information.
You can vote absentee by-mail if you fall under one of the following categories:
- You will be outside the county where you are registered during the early voting period and all day on Election Day.
- You or your spouse are a full-time student in an accredited college or university outside the county where you are registered.
- You are on the permanent absentee list (see question 4 below).
- You reside in a nursing home, assisted living facility or home for the aged outside your county of residence.
- You will be unable to vote in-person due to jury duty.
- You are sixty (60) years of age or older.
- You have a physical disability and an inaccessible polling place.
- You are hospitalized, ill or physically disabled and unable to appear at your polling place to vote; and/or you have determined it is impossible or unreasonable to vote in-person due to the COVID-19 situation.
- You are the caretaker of a person who is hospitalized, ill, or disabled, and/or you have determined it is impossible or unreasonable to vote in-person due to the COVID-19 situation.
- You are a candidate for office in the election.
- You serve as an Election Day official or as a member or employee of the election commission.
- You are observing a religious holiday that prevents you from voting in person during the early voting period and on Election Day.
- You or your spouse possess a valid commercial drivers license (CDL) or Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card and you will be working outside the state or county of registration during the open hours of early voting and Election Day and have no specific out-of-county or out-of-state address to which mail may be sent or received during such time.
- You are a member of the military or are an overseas citizen.
SAMPLE BALLOTS FOR AUGUST 6, 2020
All voters will be given a County General ballot. Voters will have the additional option of voting in either the State Republican Primary or the State Democratic Primary. Voters will see the races for Tennessee House of Representatives and School Board Member for only the district in which they reside.
Madison County Election Commission Members
Phil Bryant, Chairman
Mike Bledsoe Phyllis Means Lovette Brooks
Next Election Commission Meeting
No meeting is scheduled at this time.