We issue long-form birth certificates for any person born in Tennessee. Cost is $15 per copy.
Copies of birth certificates only issued to the following:
- Person named on the certificate, i.e., the registrant.
- Parent of the registrant. Must be on certificate.
- Spouse of the registrant.
- Person with legal custody of the registrant with court documentation.
- Anyone with a notarized statement from the registrant giving them permission to obtain the certificate.
We issue certified death certificates for people who have passed away in Tennessee. Cost is $15.
Getting a certificate
You must be present in our office between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday to receive your certificate the same day. Those applying after 4:00 p.m. will be required to return the following business day. Proof of identification is required. Accepted forms of identification.
We accept cash, debit, and credit cards as payment for birth/death certificates.
Voluntary Acknowledgement of Paternity
This service allows the father's name to be placed on the birth certificate for a child born out of wedlock.
This service is available by appointment only. We offer appointments Tuesday - Thursday. Both parents must be present and need a valid identification.
For questions about Voluntarily Acknowledgment of Paternity, call 731-927-8548.