Building Permits, Deeds, & Mobile Homes
For more information regarding permits and other building regulations:
- If your house / building is located within the Jackson City limits go to the City of Jackson Building Department or call (731) 425-8262 as well as calling the Madison County Building Department @ (731) 423-6014
- If your house / building is located in Madison County ONLY, call (731) 423-6014 the Madison County Building Department.
- To help ensure our records are correct, please purchase permits for remodels, room additions, repairs especially due to storm/flood damage and new home construction.
For more information regarding deeds please call (731) 423-6028 or go to the Madison County Register of Deeds website.
(1) If the name change is due to marriage, we will need a copy of your marriage license or your new driver’s license with your new last name.
(2) If the name change is due to divorce, we need to make a copy of your divorce decree and/or quit claim deed transferring ownership to you and changing your last name.
(3) The request is for the removal of a name is due to death, if (a) the person requesting the removal IS NOT a co-owner - IS NOT listed on the deed we need a copy of the Probated Will (b) if the person requesting the removal IS a co-owner whose name IS on the deed, we need a copy of the Death Certificate.
For more information regarding Name Changes please call our office (731) 423-6063
For more information regarding Mobile Home Registration please call (731) 423-6091 or go to the Madison County Clerk's website.