When should a Permit be purchased?
Any owner or authorized agent who intends to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish or change the occupancy of a building or structure, or to erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system, the installation of which is regulated by the 2012 IBC and IRC, or to cause any such work to be done, shall first make application to the Madison County Building Commissioner and obtain a required permit.

Show All Answers

1. Can I build a shop style home or a tiny home in Madison County?
2. When should a Permit be purchased?
3. What information will I need when applying for a permit?
4. How much notice should I provide when requesting an inspection?